25 August 2011

August Blog Hop!

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by! Last week I submitted a card for a Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge for the first time.  This week, another first, participating in the August Blog Hop.  The inspiration for the Blog Hop is this photo:
Photo credit - lovely!!

And here's what I was inspired to create:

Supplies Used:
Paper: Raspberry Fizz and Hawaiian Shores by Papertrey Ink (PTI), Confetti White by Stampin' Up, Hello Luscious patterned paper by Basic Grey
Ink: Summer Sunrise by PTI, Palette Hybrid in Burnt Umber
Stamps: Sending You and Flower Fusion #2 by PTI
Accessories: Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon by PTI, Stickles Glitter Glue

I was inspired by the pink flowers in the photo, plus the pattern inside the suitcase lid.  I also liked the straight lines of the books, so I mimicked that with the straight lines of the patterned paper.  The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Hello Luscious collection- love, love, love that paper- the colors, the patterns, yum!  It's hard to see in the photo, but there's a little bit of glitter between the patterned paper to give the card a little bit of sparkle and some more texture.  There's also glitter in the center of the flowers.  Love those little yellow flowers!

This is one of my favorite layouts from Clean and Simple Stamping. It's a great way to use up the patterned paper I tend to hoard.  Yes.  I hoard patterned paper.  I think I need to make more cards using this layout, or there may soon be a show on TLC or Discovery Channel about me and my paper "collection".  Anyone else a hoarder?  What do you tend to hang to and never want to use?

As always, thanks for visiting and enjoy your next stops on the Papertrey Blog Hop!


10 comments:

  1. This is a nice and bright card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use some fabulous paper. I don't have any that I'm saving (chuckle chuckle), or the scraps, nope not me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty!! love your mix of pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. ;-) I love the patterned papers, too, and also the simplicity of it with that Sending You sentiment. Very pretty. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you let the pattern paper stand out and used an understated, but perfect, sentiment. It is a truly great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! What a beautiful combination of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin, this is so elegant! I love all the patterns that you mixed together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great mix of papers. I wish I could do that!!! Love your card.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I love how you used so many patterns to create such a lovely card! You did such a wonderful job on your first blog hop...I hope you come back for many more :)

    ReplyDelete